Friday, July 20, 2012

Joy Filled!

Second week is done and gone and it went extremely quick!
We where blessed this week with a work team of volunteers that came all the way from Oklahoma to serve with Urban Promise this week, there where 60 people all together spread about the camps which was incredible. 
We had 5 wonderful young adults serving with my team which really was a blessing this week as we where short a few people.
I got to know them quickly and really hit it off with one of the girls, saying goodbye tonight was difficult.
Being the second week at camp everything was better for me, on Wednesday i continued my Passion Project with the kids and we started making paper mache planets for our solar system. 
Also continued my dancing lessons as the girls are attempting to teach me how to dance like a black girl, it is quite fun but i feel super white when i try to dance with them!!
Thursday was a day that we all could only describe as a day filled with joy, everything went so smooth as we went down town to Knox and had a visitor share is testimony which really impacted the kids, it was indeed an amazing day!
Today we went to a church where the work team put on a carnival for us.
This included face painting, games, and crafts and it ended with a gigantic water fight which left everyone soaked to the bone. 
I feel so blessed right now as i look back on the week, there where difficult times of discipline and frustrations but the good times of unity, fellowship and friendship building defiantly out weigh the bad.
The kids and i actually have a relationship now, they are starting to open up and share things with me as well as call my name when ever they need help with anything even if it is to tie a knot for on there bracelet.
My young teenager girls randomly walk over just for a hug, and if they are not smiling or happy i know just what to say to make them smile. I help the boys do sit ups and compete against them while playing basket ball and all of these things make me smile!1
Living in Toronto is also so great, way better then i ever thought it would be, there are parks to go running in and great paths for walking.
I have neighbor kids next door who randomly knock on my door just to say hi or to give me a hug.
I am very blessed and my life is filled with yes JOY!

1 comment: