Friday, June 7, 2013

Isaiah

I have been reading through the book of Isaiah the last couple of weeks. 
I have been told my whole life that Jesus loves me, we all know the song "Jesus loves me this I know for the bible tells us so." But do we actually know, have we read in  the bible were He specifically tells us so?
I used to avoid the book of Isaiah, it was to long to really get in to. 
But as I have been reading through it I have be struck with just how much I am like Israel, God's chosen people continually turn their backs on God and reject Him. Yet God continually comes through for them and speaks blessed promises and words of grace and mercy calling them His own.
As I started to read it in this light I have been astonished by the great love with which He loves me. 
I am His chosen and these promises and words of love are also spoken to me.
Let me share some of the key verse that I've read the last few days that God brought to my attention and continues to bring to my mind through out the day as I walk with Him.

Fear not, for I am with you. be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

Fear not, for I have redeemed you;I have called you by name, you are mind." Isaiah 43:1b

"Because you are precious in my eyes and honored, and I love you." Isaiah 43:4

"I will say to the north, give up, and to the south, do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth. Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." Isaiah 43:6-7

"Behold I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:19

"Thus says the Lord who made you, who formed you from he womb and will help you." Isaiah 44:2a

"I have blotted out your transgressions like  cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you." Isaiah 44:22

"I called you by name, I name you, though you do not know me. I am the Lord, and there is no other besides me there is not God; I equip you though you do not know me, that people may know from the rising of the sun and from the west that there is none besides me; I am the Lord, and there is no other I form light and  create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord who does all these things." Isaiah 45:4a-7

"Because of the Lord, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you." Isaiah 49:7b

2 comments:

  1. Fear not, for I am with you. be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

    I have this verse (painted by my wife) hanging in my house. I've always loved this verse and is one of my most treasured verses in the bible.

    Awesome reading as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah is WONDERFUL. So full of hope. It's helpful for some good big picture thinking too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete