Thursday, July 11, 2013

Bursts of Joy

I had so much joy brought into my day today by one single young boy.
This guy makes me laugh so much, I wish I had a video or photo or something to get
you to understand what happened with him today.
But words shall have to be enough since that is all I have that I am able to share with you.
I was running a game of taboo with a group of kids, the rules consisted of having to stay
seated and raising your hand in order to make a guess as to what the correct answer was.
This particular kid is always bursting with energy and sitting to begin
with is a very difficult task for him.
As the game went he was never late shouting out answers and jumping
out of his chair as he did it. I repeatably told him that he needed to remain seated
and to raise his hand. He was trying so hard to get my attention,
to make a guess and to be seen or heard by me. This continued to the point where
he was literally jumping on one leg directly in front of me, blocking all the
other kids repeating over and over again "Jello, jello I know, pick me!"
It's so hard to be firm or to even try to discipline or explain things to him at times like this,
it just doesn't work, he is far to cute, far to funny and it's next to impossible to do

anything except laugh and hug him!

No comments:

Post a Comment