Thursday, October 3, 2013

My God how we need you!

I heard her yell, yell at her leader, yell in anger but all I cared about was the fact that I had heard her voice. I was sitting working on homework with a group of girls knowing that my co leader was in the middle of disciplining one of the older girls. I heard her yell in his face and all I felt was relieved. Relieved that she had at least said something, her saying something even if it was yelling was better than her doing her so familiar head turn, face looking over her shoulder shutting out the world. Words filled with anger, hurt and pain yelled where better than her holding them all inside alone.

First day he threatened to leave camp, second day he threatened to hit another kid, third day he stepped over boundaries and pushed the limits, fourth day he didn't show up. Fifth day he spoke to me, spoke of his boxing career, obviously exaggerating. Sixth day he spoke, he let down his guard and just spoke simple truth.

As I think of each of my precious young adults all I can think of is how badly I want them to know and experience the saving love and grace of my Savior and Lord. Please join me in praying for their hearts to be open and for His power to take control!

No comments:

Post a Comment