Sunday, December 22, 2013

My perspective

Two weeks had finally come together and as I stood taking it all in all I felt was joy. The basement glowed of Christmas lights and candles lighting the tables surrounded by our kids and their families enjoying a Christmas banquet. Christmas music played in the back ground as people talking and laughing with each other.
Moments later I was standing to the side of the stage with a group of kids watching my face intensely as we listened to the music and the que for them to go on stage for their part of the skit. The words said “Oh little town of Bethlehem looks like another silent night…… what will you miss while you are sleeping”. As the music boomed their the sanctuary I could see the audience drenched in pride of seeing their children 
on stage as well as the being able to experience the excitement of backstage 
as the kids finished their roles and came running back to receive the affirmation that 
they indeed did an excellent joy.
Not long later I was back down stairs, a few girls asking me for clarification having been shocked to hear from the previous message given upstairs that sinners are not allowed in heaven. I was able to explain the bases of why we need Jesus and what He did in order to make us sinless and thus able to stand before God as kids ran by throwing their arms around my waist wishing me a Merry Christmas, “see you after Christmas Jello”. Then I was back in the glowing room of lights and candles packaging the leftover food for families to take home. There expression bursting with thanks at the size of the trays. A young girl’s mouth gasped, “I get to take all of this home?”

Before I knew it everyone had left and as we switched into cleaning mode I was amazed by how blessed I could be by an evening of serving and celebrating something so grand as the birth of the Savior of the world, to be able to share this message and have relationship and laughing throughout it all is one of the greatest gifts we receive as a constant gift of Christmas. 

1 comment:

  1. I like. Thanks for a glimpse into one of your special moments.

    ReplyDelete