Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Dear Child

As I sat thinking this spilt out of my heart

How quickly people are demoralized
When truth is lost and they begin to rationalize
Child, treat others with the heart that I know you have
I know your neighbourhood is cruel
And that power does not come from kind words
Dare to be different
To create instead of destroy
Your heart is kind and you mind intelligent
Use your gifts, don’t hide them away
I know you seek thrill and adventure and fun
Run after these things with the best that you are
Step out of the norm, don’t even play the role
You are not the role
You are sweet, honest and important
Your have dreams, will and potential
No one can steal your dreams



My child, don’t forget who you are
The core of what makes you, you
You were created for so much more
I see the way you care
The look in your eye when she falls
And the way you run to pick her up
The tenderness as your comfort and hold her hand



My child, you are a treasure
A masterpiece, divinely created
Made exactly how you are because He declared
That you were good
His love declares the truth
And His ways bring freedom unknown to most men
I know it doesn’t feel that way
How could it in the mess of this life
Things are not as they ought
But what can you do, you are so young



My child you can be who you were made to be
Discard of the words of the world
Their tactics and schemes
Be kind, intelligent and important
Believe the truth of who you are
Look to Him, for He knows you best
The good you can do
The wisdom you can be
And the difference you can make

No comments:

Post a Comment