Saturday, August 16, 2014

Final day of Summer Camp


After 6 weeks of summer camp programs being run in 6 different locations across Toronto by the supervisors, program directors, streetleaders and interns this summer I was able to join them for their final camp day! 180 (roughly) were all bused to Anchor back for the day for a BBQ and carnival games. After being absent from program all summer I was thrilled to be able to join them for the day. It had been two months since I had seen the kids and youth that I haven’t spent the past two years working with, pouring into and loving on a daily bases. I was well over due to see them and was met by my girls tackling me for hugs. Once I gained a solid standing position I was able to see their faces one at a time and hug them. I felt at home!

As the day unfolded and the other camp’s arrived, Tracy; one of the current supervisors from the youth program at camp hope came and asked me to come meet with her group of youth in a large group. This may seem like no big deal but this group of youth are going to be the youth that I will be supervising upon my return to UrbanPromise. In about a month Tracy will be finishing her time with UrbanPromise and has begun explaining to the youth that she is leaving and that I will be their new supervisor just as soon as I am able to return. I know most of these youth to see them, their names I don’t quite have the hang of yet. Tracy introduced me to them as a group and then one at a time I heard their names and tried my best to remember them all.

The rest of the day I spent spending time with two much loved groups of youth. The ones I have spent the previous two years investing and pouring into and the ones that I already love and will spend the next three years building relationships and investing in. It may sound difficult or like I am being torn or pulled in two directions but the beauty of it is that it is the same. The same God, the same ministry, the same city and I am so thankful that I get to be a part of it all. Yes, change can be hard and everyone is always affected by it to some degree but I know that the relationships I have already begun will be able to be continued and the ones that are just beginning have a long journey ahead of me. I am excited for what the future holds as God has not only called me to a certain place but has clearly shown the need and the potential for what He has in store. In the end 6 different programs but we are one big family of UrbanPromise Toronto!

I am eager to start in this new role and I am feeling the urgency to have the financial support in place so that I am able to begin. I know that God’s timing is not always what we prefer or want but that His timing is perfect. With full acknowledgment of this I ask that if you are considering partnering with me financially that you contact me to ask how you can do this kiezebrink.janelle@gmail.com or at the website www.urbanpromise.com

No comments:

Post a Comment