Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A dream

It was day number two of being in this home, this time a young girl stood on the coach and confidently program, "one day I'm coming to camp"! She continued on "when kids leave and you get empty spots, that's when i'm coming to camp", her little sister chimed in "me too".
I slowly made my way to the door as I had to be leaving when the youngest rushed down the hallway after me, as I looked up the stair case her big eyes opened wide as her hands nervously played with the edges of her dress. She swayed back and forth and ask, "what do you do at camp anyways?". 

Camp to these girls is a dream, a wish of something grand. Camp is like a magical word meaning something better then this. It is their goal, the thing they reach for, dream for and hope to achieve some day. This does two things to my heart, it grieves it and it warms it. It grieves it because they shouldn't just have to dream of this, they should be living within it and second it warms it because even in the midst of the chaos of their life they have a goal, a focus and a direction. My prayer is that they will achieve it and come to camp and that in achieving it they will reach for higher goals and good goals, goals that will help to model and build them into wonderful woman who know what it means to be valued not in a flitting way but in an everlasting, understanding of the Father's great love for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment