Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Stuff: Noun; Matter, material, articles, or activities of a specified or indeterminate kind that are being referred to, indicated, or implied.

 
I found a lot of stuff when I moved back to my parents for a couple days, I found many things that I had left behind when I moved out last summer, many things that I have lived without for the past year. 
My poor brother has had to bear with his new room {my old room} being cluttered with my stuff for the past year. Since I am not planning on moving home anytime soon I figured it was about time to clean the cluttered mess up.
I worked on it for most of the day yesterday, I haven't finished yet.
Books, cards, letters, décor items, photos; lots of photos, blankets, cloths, sport equipment, craft supplies, magazines, nic naks from years gone by.
 
So much stuff that I have but I haven't used or need for an entire year.  
 
The easy thing would be to throw it all into a bag and get rid of it but we all know it doesn't work like that.
 
So it began the sorting, reading, remembering, recalling, which turning into packing, tossing, burning, and giving away.
When I was finished and done with three boxes, I had one tiny box remaining full of precious photos of family and friends, funeral bulletins and hand written letters that I couldn't toss.

Memories are sweet, things that remind me of those times are precious and worth keeping.
As for the rest of the stuff, it is going, I didn't need it this year and if it doesn't fit into my two trunks I'm not holding on to it.
Goodbye stuff that doesn't matter.
Life doesn't need to be cluttered, its far more enjoyable when it's simple!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment