Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A friend of challenges

As one of my fellow interns said last week "I'm a friend of challenges".
This is how I felt today while meeting the vice principle of the local school as she explained the major issues that these kids are dealing with.
It is exciting to talk about how our camp can side with the local school to try and solve these issues as well as assist in the homework and education.
I had a serge of energy and excitement as I thought of how I get to be a part in all of this. It is big and its intimidating but it is exciting!
Being a part of something bigger then yourself is the best feeling I have ever experienced.
It is something that a lot of people and even a lot of christian never get to experience due to fear of stepping out of their comfort zone. It sounds scary and its not very safe right? While in reality when you're leaning and depending on Jesus it is the most freeing experience you can ever have.
 This was my lunch conversation with my supervisor which was a very encouraging and blessed conversation. I am very thankful for my supervisor for the Godly man he is!
Blessings also extended into the afternoon of camp. 
Even now thinking back to the events I can't help but smile. I was pleasantly surprised to see one of my boys from the summer who is now to old for program but came by anyways. I had been waiting to see him ever since i got back so it totally made my day to see him again. He is also applying to become a street leader which is very exciting!
Camp also consisted of doing wordup with my girls which was a nice chill time to get to know each other using skittles and diving into the word of God. I am starting a series on the fruits of the spirit with them which I am very excited to see how God is going to use that over the next few months.
To top it off i got to cook with my boys!
We spent a good hour in the kitchen cutting veggies and making curry chicken over rice as well as doing the pile of dishes and sweeping afterwords willingly and with smiles on their faces.
I love my boys and spending this time with them was incredible.
I had a really great day with the all and I am just so thankful that i can be here and be a part of something that is way bigger then me or my team but that is completely in the hands of God our Father!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment