Monday, October 8, 2012

My list of blessings!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers!
I have had such an amazing opportunity this weekend to have a very relaxing and
refreshing weekend at home with my family.
I was also able to bring home with me my five roommates, three of which had never
celebrated a thanksgiving before.
The joy of being able to share my family, childhood memories and
thanksgiving experiences with them.
We learned how to make pumpkin pies together, took plenty of walks to enjoy this gorgeous
time of the year as well as doing many spontaneous things for the fun of it.
These things included; pulling over on the side of a random field and running barefoot across the field during sunset, taking pictures in the middle of the road, taking a 6 km run
on thanksgiving morning with toques in 2C weather, and then jumping in to the pool
at 51F at 8:30 in the morning.
It has been splendid!
 
Since its thanksgiving I also want to share my 20 latest blessing that I have entered into
my book of blessings.
 
1. The hospitality of my family.
2.Group prayer for one another
3.Cool fall mornings
4.Harvest time
5.Reconciliation
6.Being home
7.Laughter
8.Crazy spontaneous moments
9.Grace
10. Wood fires
11.Sunshine
12. Prayer
13.Support of my family {especially my parents/eldest bro and sis}
14. Pumpkin pie
15.Grandparents
16.Toques
17. Morning runs and swims on thanksgiving morning
18.My vest
19. A hearty breakfast and coffee
20. Consistent Christmas's provided by my grandmother
 
As I typed these out my mind kept thinking of the many more blessings that I have been given.
God is so good to me in provided so much love and support.
I have experienced this so clearly in the past a couple months
which has been a huge encouragement.
Many little moments that we so easily miss could have such a huge impact of blessing if only we slowed down enough to see or acknowledge them!
Please take a moment or two this thanksgiving to write your own list of blessings
that God has given just for YOU!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment