Saturday, October 27, 2012

Little moments

I just feel like writing right now and I'm not sure why or what about but we shall see where this goes.
Its a Saturday afternoon and the first time in a least a month where I am relaxed and
 its quiet in my little apartment.
When you live with 5 other girls it can be quiet the challenge to find these moment.
I don't even know where to being in sharing what is happening in my life.
Life is very busy in a very good way. 
I love working with my kid even admit the challenging and rough days.
On Fridays camp works a little different the young kid have camp from 4 till 6 and then the older kids come from 6 till 8:30.
So on my day normal consist of a lot of fun times while cooking dinner for the kids and then cleaning the dishes with a few of the older kids while having epic towel wars which normally end with lots of welts.
Then we cook again and enjoy dinner with the older kids before worship  bible study and super 
hilarious entertaining group games.
Last night was super cool for me as one of my boys from the summer came back for the first time.
We did dishes together and where able to just have a lot of fun while working.
The game time consisted of "Win it in a minute" crazy games using household items while raising the clock.
There is always a lot of challenges when working in this kind of environment and
 living in such tight quarters makes it difficult as well but it also makes a lot of 
opportunity for growth which has been incredibly amazing to see and watch how God is changing and challenging me as well as the others around me.
I love being a part of these kid's lives even if it is a very small part of their life.
I love seeing what God is doing in and through Urban Promise and other ministries around the area.
Those are my thoughts for now as I reflect on the week.
There has been really tough moments this week but the little amazing moments out shine the difficult ones and that I am thankful for!



No comments:

Post a Comment