Monday, October 15, 2012

Growth


Growth is what I have been experiencing in a few different ways. The second half of last week was full of challenges and times of not having what I needed in myself but instead needing to look to God to provide me with what I needed.
Challenges at camp with the girls; challenges within 
myself while dealing with my roommates, challenges with different personalities 
and lack of sleep as well as being very busy. 
By Friday I was quite worn out, frustrated, tired and also convicted of things in my own life and actions that where not so good. 
At this point I was very thankful for my supervisor as well as 
another supervisor who could step in and be wisdom for me and edify me through 
talking about it. I am blessed by the people around me at UP who are supportive but 
also help me to grow.
This weekend wasn't any less busy as I had 2 weddings to attend on Saturday and I
needed to get a good night’s sleep before the big run on Sunday.
Turns out I hardly slept at all as I decided the moment I went to bed that I was 
starving and made noodles at 11:30 and then waking up every couple hours
 freaking out that I missed the alarm clock.
 My biggest fear about the run this past Sunday was that I would miss the start of it :S 
Turns out thanks to Micha for driving us girls there we all made it in time 
and did extremely well. 
The run was long and tough, the weather wasn't the greatest but wasn't too 
bad either. I really enjoyed the first half of the run even though my stomach 
still told me it was hungry :P The second half was a lot rougher and there 
were moments when the only thing that kept me going where the people around me and the prayer going up to God to run with me.
 I did make it through the whole race and only stopped to walk at 3 water stations.
 My time for the run was 2:07:07!! 
I was super impressed by myself as my goal had been 2:30:00. 
It was a great feeling accomplishing something so kewl but the very best 
part of the whole thing was cheering out the rest of my team. 
Three members did the brutal full marathon and finished very well. 
The emotion and excitement of seeing each and every one cross that finish line out of love to UP and everyone who benefits from it was a feeling I can’t explain! 
It was a Sunday morning and yes we missed attending church, but we were able to
 be the church as the family of UP running the streets of Toronto, praying for our team, praying for the kids and praying that God would move in this city! 
A huge thank you to each and every one that I know and don’t know who either supported through prayers, donations or words. It was a great experience and a tremendous blessing to me and many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment