Monday, December 10, 2012

It's not me it's You!

Every day my mind is full of thoughts of camp, weather I am at camp hanging out with the kids and running programs or whether I am at home thinking or ideas or making plans.
My intentions, attitudes and motives are not always what they should be.
Some days I am just so discouraged by things that I don't do things the way I should.  
I start thinking and acting like depend on me, my pride gets in the way and I act like I am in control.
Things like this can completely ruin my day or even my week.
When I do not take the time to include God in my plans or in my day!
There is this song by Switch foot that say "there's always something getting in the way, there's always something getting through, it's not me it's you."
God always gets in the way, in a very good way! And He always gets through, it's always Him and never me!
This week was  difficult one, some of the girls had a really tough week. They were rude and quick disrespectful at times. You could tell they were feeling comfortable at camp.
It didn't bother me to much as this has happened before but it particularly bothered my fellow leader as she felt like they were treating her well while the treated me not see well.
She ended up sitting down with these girls and talking to them about their behavior which brought about a good change!
I did not realize though until the end of the week just how hard this week had been, I was restless and unsettled for the most of it which was frustrating.
I had a few reminders on Saturday that encouraged me and helped me to get back onto the right page for this week.
First, I am to rest in God, Zeph 3:17
Second, it's not about me and it's all Him, I can do nothing without Him,
and Third, I need to take my focus off the work and place it on the God of the work instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment