Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Purpose

I'm sitting here after a 12 hour day of craziness! Something that I have realized more and more is that I need purpose, purpose in my life and purpose in every single day. The worst days I have had are always days were I am wondering about aimless without goals, determination or motivation.
Knowing and figuring this out has been a real growing thing. It challenges me to make myself grow through books, experiences and just stepping into tough or unknown situations.

Purpose can be anything weather its cutting up paper to make snow flakes with a little boy or chasing  kid around with a ball. It can be getting excited over little accomplishments, picking up a kid after school or even help a child with math. It is a purpose and holds a bigger meaning because of what we are doing.
Today I had many little purposeful minutes at camp, times of redirection or challenging them to be make better choices.
This morning was also my morning to go to school, it was my best day at school. I felt like all the kids are excited to see me which helps but they are also eager to have me help them or to just have an input on their projects.

This afternoon I was also co-leading a Christmas skit with one of my peers. We had ten kids ages 6-12 and they did incredible for the first day of seeing their lines. It was a very good day of basketball, skit, redirecting, leading, challenging and growing. It was a day full of purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment