Thursday, December 13, 2012

Lines

The other day I started rehearsing a Christmas skit with 10 kids. I had asked a six year old boy to be Joseph in the skit, he was eager and excited. Being the youngest in the skit he only had one line. "Nothing is impossible with out God, He does things in strange and amazing ways."
First day of practice we sat in a circle and read through the lines in order. His part didn't  come until close to the end and he sat very patiently beside me waiting for his part with his eyes glued to his line.
As we were getting closer he pulled on my sleeve and whispered, can you tell me what it says, I can't read.
I had not realized this and whispered his line into his ear as the other continued. When it was his turn he said in a loud clear voice exactly what I had said to him with only a few mistakes.
A few of the other kids started giggling but I am proud to hear the oldest in the group, a twelve year old boy tell the others to be quiet at least this little boy had tried really hard.
The laughter did not stop his determination and the next time we ran through the lines he kept asking me to read him his line.
I was  rather busy directing the shepherds so we co-leader sat down with him and they repeated them to each other. It was one of those precious moments when you see something and your heard melts.
As it was coming closer to his part He again said in a loud clear voice his entire line perfectly just missing the last word.
I was so proud of Him!
This was the end of the rehearsal yet he came up to me quietly and asked me if you could help him read his line again tomorrow. I am so excited to go to camp today and help this determined little boy memorize his line. More then that I hope this little boy  not only learns his line but that He would learn something deeper and more lasting. The words of our Lord and Savior who says "I am the way the truth and the light of the world, whoever follows me shall never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

No comments:

Post a Comment