Friday, September 28, 2012

Finding Beauty


This morning I had the first of many intern classes where all interns come together and learn based on different topics. 
This morning we talked about what it means for kids to be at risk. 
It was eye opening and very well taught. 
After classes ended I was feeling, I'm not sure how I felt but I needed to speak about the things I had learned and could relate them to my kids. 
I wanted to make people understand what is going on right in their own neighborhoods. The hurt, pain and hopelessness that I witness in kids lives every day. I wanted to shake this world up with that true and not just want to talk about it, I want to make something change. 
I felt tired.
I tried to sleep, didn't help.
I tried eating, didn't make a difference.
Decided to go for a run to run it off, it normally works but it failed today.
Finally I sat by a brook and watched how the water fell over the rocks. 
I watched the squirrels chase each other up and down the trees that stood high and strong into the blue sky.
It was then that I realized that I had been seeking beauty.
There is evil in this world, their is pain and sorrow and hurt.
Life often time not good.
The at risk kids I work with start the race of life 100 meters behind those who have a good supportive family, abuse free, drug free neighborhoods, good school where teachers care, and good role models in their lives.
My heart hurts for the broken.
But not everything is broken, there is still beauty!
Jesus is the beauty in the mists of the brokenness.
He is still here, active and alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment