Wednesday, September 26, 2012

In my weakness He is strong


This blog post and called in my weakness He is strong and 
there are a few areas that I want to touch on in reference to this statement.
One is allowing yourself to be weak even when it’s embarrassing or belittling because it 
is in those times that we are stretched he most to grow. 
Something that I learned a lot during the summer and now I watch the new interns learn and that every person at Urban Promise has learned in their coming to Urban Promise is how much they suck.
 I suck, is the two word statement that everyone learns in coming here. 
That I am not able to do it, that I’m not good enough and I don’t have what it takes. But we also learn that we are able to do it and we have everything it takes because we have Jesus and through Him we are able to do anything. 
He takes us weak, stubborn and unable and uses it to His glory.
It can be a really hard lesson to learn as it feels like you are being stripped of every quality and great strength that you have but it also feels very freeing know that it doesn’t depend on you and its doesn't even have anything to do with you because it is all about God!
Challenges and trials is a common way that God teaches us this at UP. This week has been trying and full of trials and challenges for most of my roommates. I personally am standing in awe wondering why it’s not as difficult for me at the moment while at the same time knowing I will be challenged in the future as well.
There are a lot of unknowns while working in ministry and a huge need for flexibility which can be very difficult if you like to have a “plan”. Honestly I think I’ve already learned to forget about my plan because I know He has a better plan but I also know I have a lot to learn about this. He continues to through kinks and curves in what we do, not only to remind us that He is in control but also i think for us to learn a lot of lessons on the way.
Something else that we heard about this week has to do with where our focus is. It is on the work of the Lord or is our focus on the Lord of the work. Both sound good right but our focus needs to be on the Lord of the work first and the work of the Lord spills out of that. Something to remember on those days when you feel like what you do is meaningless or when you just don't see how you can keep going. 
Stop and focus on your LORD!
Okay, enough of my random thoughts we started camp and it has been great getting back in contact with the kids daily. I had a really great time today working with one girl on her math homework. This is the same girl that intimidated and scared me at the beginning of the summer and now we are 
great friends……on most day’s lol.
I am also being blown away daily by God provision of material need and financial help. He has surpassed all dreams that I had for my fundraising really showing me who is in control. Our God is soo great….if you doubt it just ask Him to show Himself!
I love being back here for all aspects of it and have really gotten so close with my roommates already. Please pray for us though as we now have to make slight changes to our living arrangements that have caused some confusion and frustrations and unhappiness. It is for the best though and I am excited for all the great things that will come out of it! 
Thank you for reading this and for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment