Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Refresh my Soul

How often do you feel run down, over whelmed or distant from God and yet knowing that it’s
 not because He has moved away from you in any way but
 because you have wondered from Him. It’s so easy to be caught up in the 
business of life, even with good things. It’s easy to busy yourself with servicing others
 but forgetting why you are serving them, it’s easy to be busy going here and there and being
 involved in everything but forgetting why they are important, it’s easy to have many 
conversations with many people but forget to look at each one as special, blessed and the treasure that they are.

Why I am writing this is mostly because I have seen this business creep into my life and I see how it is the devil’s way of destroying the good that I am trying to do.
It has been a very busy week, settling in with my four new roommates, showing them 
around and helping them figure everything out, planning for camp, as well as 
normal stuff like cooking and cleaning at the flat and trying not to get lost while
 traveling on the TTC. I can see how everything I have been doing has not been 
seen in the light of joy like it should. It is awesome stuff that I have had the chance 
to do this week but yet if I do not see it in the right light or with a proper perspective it is yet another opportunity missed.  

Last night I had the opportunity to join a group associated with the MoveIn 
organization for an evening of prayer. We prayed for persecuted Christian around the world, for our city of Toronto and in small groups for ourselves. It was an evening full of perspective for me! It
 was also a blessing for me and all my roommates to find a place we can go weekly to 
have this Christian communion and fellowship. God is so good in providing us with a church surrounding us.

So my week continues to prep and preparing for program to start with Urban Promise. 
There is a lot that is dependent on me that was not during the 
summer which is good for challenging and stretching me, been doing a lot 
of brain storming! I am so very excited though through all of the high and lows for 
all that God is going to be doing through myself and the other interns here. And the amazing thing is.... He doesn’t even need us to do any of what He has planned and yet He chooses to use us! 
He even chooses to use our foolishness and mistakes!
 Makes me shake my head in astonishment and wonder at how gracious and loving our 
Friend, Father, Saviour, Husband, and Lord is! Thanks be to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment