Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Crochet!

I am a visionary. I love planning and setting goals and then achieving them. Sometimes things take me longer then I planned, but if I planned something I do my best to make sure it happens. Back in November I was going to teach my girls how to crochet.  But I was nervous that they would not like it and it would be more of a battle then an enjoyment and so I kept pushing it off.

However you can only push something off for so long and so yesterday I pulled out the yarn and hooks and brought them to camp. As homework wrapped up I asked one of the girls (who was wearing a headband) if she wanted to learn how to make one.  She was ten times more excited than I ever anticipated and the rest of the girls joined in quickly. In a few minutes I had six girls sitting begging me to teach them how. Now learning how to crochet is hard and teaching is even hard especially when there are six different girls to teach.

They kept at it for a long time over and over again begging me to look, fix or just watch them to make sure they were doing it right. It made me so happy to be able to teach them something that is so abnormal to do these days but even more it was thrilling to see how excited they were.

My reasons for wanted to teach them was to have them working on a project that was hard and would take perseverance but that they could keep and be proud of when they finished.  Watching them yesterday was a clear indication that this could and would be accomplished, when they grow frustrated they did not give up and when it was time to stop they asked if they could take the materials home to work on it there.
When they returned today I was planning on cooking with them, so they sat in the kitchen with me and as I cooked…… they crocheted!  Lol they really amazing me some days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment