Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Taken "down" during recess!

The bell rang and I followed the crowd of kids outside for recess. Met up with my peer and walked around the field saying hi to kids and just wondering around! It wasn't long until my peer noticed a random kid sitting alone and went to talk to her. I at that moment noticed one of the girls from camp who is always super excited to see us so I called her name. She spun around and started running towards me.

Before I go continue I need to explain a little bit about this girl. She is 9 years old and is
incredible sweet.She is also well built and has a tendency to run right into me for a hug.

Back to the story, I watched her running towards and braced myself for her slamming hug.
One thing I did not think about was the distance she had to run and the speed that she
would pick up. The next thing I know a 9 year old girl was jumping into my arms full force. 
The next thing I knew I was lying on the ground of the recess field with a lot of kids 
watching. I sat up and check to see if she was okay but she was already on my 
back hugging me in what I think was fear of me being mad and shock from what had 
happened. I asked her to get off of me so I could get up since my knee was throbbing but 
in her embarrassed state she just wanted to be assured. I final convinced her to stand up 
and was able to hug her and tell her how much I love her and how she makes me smile! It 
was not that much later when I noticed my knee was swelling a little and I hobbled around 
for the next half of the day! I am happy to say me and this little girl were able to laugh 
and joke about it later when she came to camp and I will never forget how I was 
“bounced” by a 9 year old girl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment