Friday, January 11, 2013

Midnight thoughts

It's forty eight minutes past midnight, I should have been in bed long ago but there is not enough peace for that quite yet.
The little apartment is dark and silent except for the music I have playing softly. Today was the first day that every girl was back living together. I love our little place here, as I look out my window I see city lights, airplanes flying over head and always traffic no matter the time. It is a busy place to live but that explains the live style I am in.
Coming back was a warmly welcome occurrence. Don't get me wrong I enjoy my two weeks of vacation. Seeing and visiting with many friends and family as well as taking a five day road trip to New York, Virginia and DC with friends and a few stranger who are know friends was the perfect break. It was exciting, adventurous, relaxing and amazing just having such a great opportunity to travel with such great people.
But coming back was really like coming home, the apartment, camp, the work that i am involved in, everything.
Today was a rough day for me personally, I often have every vivid dreams and often time i can remember them quiet clearly. Last night was one of these experiences except in this dream a very special person to me died. I don't know if you have ever experiences something like this but I woke up very very upset. It was a very strange sensation.
I was also tired and frustrated with a few personal things so I just wasn't in that great of a place first thing this morning.
As time for camp rolled around my aim for the day was more survival  to just get through it without major issues. The problem with this is that it in fact goes against everything I am aiming to change for the second half of this year.
I was pleasantly surprised to see God moving and working in not only me but also in my kids. A group of my girls showed up early and chilling out in the office for a bit. Normally these girls like to be left alone and not be bothered with having a leader in the room. To understand this just picture a few teenagers trying to hang out with their mom in the room. Surprisingly they were not objected to me hanging out with them and I was able to have some good conversation with them in more of a friend setting which I really appreciated.
As the evening proceeded it got better and better. During the bible study portion we discussed the things we value in life and that what we value often times is something that draws us away from God instead of closer.
One of the really amazing parts of this was that both street leaders pipped up and challenged the kids to really evaluate whether how they living and what they put first in life was what and how "Christians" should live.
Moving on to game time was a really fun hang out time, newspaper fights which ended up in having the entire gym floor littered with ripped up news paper to seeing every last youth working together to clean it up. From twelve year old boys breaking out in dance because they kicked butt in playing to wii, having those few minutes of intentional conversation with the boys who only come once a week to walking a thirteen year old girl home because she is scared to walk alone with only opens up more doors for conversation.

After such an amazing day you'd think i'd get home and fall into bed but instead I come home to a house full of my friends were we sit and chat, play games and watch a movie together. To this place were we have community which isn't always easy but if it is viewed and treated rightly, edifies and causes awesome spiritual growth and for that I am thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Like, like, like!
    I will be praying about your dreams... That you will know what to do with them and that you will be able to get enough rest.

    ReplyDelete