Thursday, January 17, 2013

Regretting that cup

Ever have one of those moments when your lying in bed staring at the roof and wondering what ever possessed you to convince you to have a cup of coffee at 10 pm? That was 5 mins ago for me and now here I am sitting on the coach trying to think of a way to make myself tired!

I have been stupidly tired and exhausted all week and then BAM today I had so much energy and now I am not tired! Drives me insane! So what do I do....I reflect on the day!
Today was a very good day! Every Thursday our camp is blessed by receiving food donations from second harvest and today again we were able to fill up our cupboards and freezer with supplies.

Camp has been a little bit different this week due to drama, physical fight happening at school between two of our girls and sides being taken. When things like this happen in the community among our kids the number of kids who attend camp also goes down. This can be very frustrating since we can't always have contact then with the kids who are involved and in my mind should be coming to camp. But as i experienced today it can also be a very good thing only having a very kids. It provides a lot of one to one time which can be so beneficial! The last a couple days we have only had up to five girls coming out but have been able to spend really good time with them having meaningful conversation which most likely would not have had other wise.

A few things that have made me smile this week are:

~One of my thirteen year old girls walking into the homework room while throwing her arms wide open and declaring that "the princess has arrived!"

~The seven year old boy I pick up from school telling me that he had a good day because he learned something. when I asked him what it was that he learned he said, " I learned how to flip my eye lid the wrong way" and proceeded to show me.

~My daily greetings with the sweet crosswalk gentleman.

On a side note I have gotten pretty addicted to this really neat website called www.sprocle.com
one of my new years resolutions was to learn all 197 countries in the world and were they are. One of my friends introduced me to this website last night were I can practice naming all of the countries. It is very addiction but also super good for learning!! Today I was able to name 122 of the 197 countries in the world. We shall see how long it takes me to learn them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment