Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Be still my soul


Be still my soul seems to be a big theme for me this week, to be able to be quiet and slow down enough to really focus on God outside of all the business.

This week due to the staff of Urban Promise going to Camden, New Jersey this week to get together with all the Urban Promise’s around the world we have no camp. Because of this we have to take a break and Urban Promises strongly believes in retreating and spending time with God to be enabled to serve better.

As many of you know this I not my style as I like to stay busy at all times but I am thankful for the way that God is working through Urban Promise to make me slow down and spend time with Him.

I was also able to be blessed this weekend to get together with a friend and have some down time which after the fact I realized I needed.  As well as just spending time chilling with a few of the guys yesterday it seems like a repeating theme of God telling me to slow down and spend time talking of Him and about Him and growing in Him.

So please pray for a good a couple days of relaxing and spending time in fellowship and with God and for the amazing Pipe family for opening their home to all of us!

And just before I leave I want to say a very huge thank you to the blessed church of Ivy. You are one amazing congregation as you allow God to use you to bless me and everyone else at Urban Promise. I cannot express how much I have been blessed by your faithfulness. Looking forward to soon being able to be with you and share in person of the greatness of our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment