Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Little Friends


This week has been the best week so far with my time with Urban Promise. Today I realized how many little treasured friends I have at camp and just how precious they are to me.

This was shown to me through many little ways. When I was at school this morning helping outside during recess and was attacked from behind with hugs from over a dozen little friends calling out my name Jello.

When a 7 year old boy asked me if I would come and pick him up after school and walk him over to camp, and when I arrived at school to meet him and other kids latched onto my hands and beg me to walk with as well.

Sitting with a little girl who had been hurt by her sister’s unkind words as I sat and making gimp with one of the quieter girls or when I colored a picture with our little 5 year old man.

Moments when I am cooking in the kitchen with 6 over opinionated pre-teenager girls or afterwards when I am trying to get them to help with the cleanup.

When I sit with a young boy who tells me what it feels like to be bullied, or when I can getting competitive during a game of ball with the boys.

When kids are excited to show us their report cards even if they are not doing the greatest, or when I see a child’s face light up just because they see me.

Moments like these remind me just how blessed I am to be able to be a part of so many great young lives and what an opportunity I have to be able to speak into these lives. They remind me that what I have is a million little blessed all piled up on each other.

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”  James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment