Sunday, November 18, 2012

Here's my heart!

Prone to wonder Lord I feel it
prone to leave the God I love, 
Here's my heart oh take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.

How many times do we feel like we are wondering from the God we love?
Normally it is more of an after thought where we can look back and see how we did wonder from the God we love. It is a quiet Sunday evening and I don't have much to say about the previous statement, was just something i was thinking about, but I do want to share a few other things with you.
This week has been one full week, a lot of amazing times at camp and a lot of difficult time as well.
To many late nights and and very little time left me completely exhausted on Saturday.
Yes, it was Saturday but no i did not get to sleep in.
Met 4 young boys at 9:15 for a Saturday trip to Ikea. I was exhausted, they had a lot of energy.
It was fun but I was relieved when it was time to go home.
Next i had to travel across town to finish planning and running a kids program at a  out reach evening at a Chinese church.
I sat trying to focused as i planned, it honestly felt like it was 2 in the morning and I had no idea how I was going to make it through the evening. 
Thankfully God intervened through a few amazing individuals at this church. They asked a ton of questions about me, my life and what Urban Promise did. They were overwhelming thankful for my help even though I felt like I was doing nothing. 
I was able to join them for a authentic Chinese meal and then headed down stairs with the kids. 
Compared to the general vibe of our kids at my camp these kids were so easy. 
When I told them to sit they sat, when I said sing they sang.
I led the bible story and then assisted through activities and snack time.
It was such a blessed evening to be able to help out and be appreciated so much even though it felt like I was doing very little. 
At the end of the evening they thanked me a million times for my help and offered to drive me all the way which is a huge deal since it's all the way across town but which was a huge blessing to me.
I got home and was blown away by how much I was blessed by being able to help out at this program.
I went into it exhausted and worn out and come out of it blessed and energized in God.

I am blown away by how God works at times. As I sat and listened to my favorite song {Come thou Fount} this afternoon I am reminded as to how weak and pathetic we are, how we wonder and stray from this Father who so graciously love and cares for us and yet how faithful He remains as he continues to cares and do the very best for us even if we wonder away from His love, He always calls us back to Himself!
Father take my heart and seal it for they courts above!



No comments:

Post a Comment